Reis Information Systems is a full service Managed and Professional Services Provider with offices in Kitchener, Ontario and Lisbon, Portugal. We provide a full stack of services to help our clients meet their business goals. By offloading day to day network administration and optimizing it, our clients can focus on their business success. We employ people who love IT and are fanatical at making things work better, focusing on security and streamlining operations. Everyone here pitches in, and a culture of teaching and mentoring is what we are. No prima donnas.
About This Role
Do you have a history of playing sports and understand the concept of competing with yourself as much as the opposing team? Reis Information Systems is looking to build an outbound sales team and is on the hunt to fill positions. We want professionals with experience plus a desire to grow.
We want someone who understands the potential in this opportunity and has the ambition to reap the rewards. As a business development representative, you'll play an integral role in Reis’ growth, applying your skills to develop sales opportunities for our information technology (IT) services. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone planning for a career as an entrepreneur, manager, salesperson, or marketing representative in any aspect of the IT industry (cybersecurity, cloud computing, enterprise software, networking, etc.)
Responsibilities and DutiesYou'll be responsible for generating leads for our IT services. We work in the business-to-business space, so you will be calling on thousands of companies across southern Ontario, with the goal of booking meetings to present proposals and win new business.
Every day, you will focus on:
- Conducting high-level conversations with influencers and decision-makers at targeted companies
- Delivering compelling explanations of Reis’ capabilities to your audience
- Achieving your monthly quota of qualified opportunities and meetings scheduled
- Creating word-of-mouth for Reis’ services
- Generating new business opportunities
Soft Skills:As the first point-of-contact in the sales process, we are seeking an employee who knows how to make an excellent first impression and has the energy to follow-up on promising leads. The following traits are important to have for a successful Business Development Representative:
- Friendly and positive demeanor
- The ability to quickly build rapport over the phone
- Great communication skills, both verbally, and in writing
- Strong work ethic
- Experience using Microsoft Office, especially Outlook
- An outstanding grasp of the English language, both written and spoken
- Experience with professional networking
- Experience with social networking, especially LinkedIn
- Work experience in the 519 and 905 area codes
- Work experience in the information technology industry
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- 2-3 years of B2B sales experience
- Previous experience cold calling and prospecting
- Previous technical sales experience
- Previous experience exceeding a sales quota (show us what you’ve closed)
- A “compete with yourself” attitude
- A history of taking action and seizing opportunities
- Curiosity, boldness, a relentless energy
- Entrepreneurial experience
Resume with academic, professional, volunteer experience, and references. Cover letter outlining the reasons, your skills and experience which would benefit Reis Information Systems. Any other documents (professional certifications, writing samples, etc.) that you would consider relevant to this role.
Base salary + a rewarding commission package. Details to be negotiated during the final phase of the interview process.
Job Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Service Delivery Manager
License: Drivers License G (Preferred)
Language: English (Required)