Reis Information Systems is a full service Managed and Professional Services Provider with offices in Kitchener, Ontario and Lisbon, Portugal. We provide a full stack of services to help our clients meet their business goals. By offloading day to day network administration and optimizing it, our clients can focus on their business success. We employ people who love IT and are fanatical at making things work better, focusing on security and streamlining operations. Everyone here pitches in, and a culture of teaching and mentoring is what we are. No prima donnas.
This position is for someone who loves packet plumbing and working with networks big and small. We specialize in Cisco and Cisco Meraki equipment, but we also need to work with Sonicwall, Aruba Networks, and others. But your experience and training doesn't stop at networks. We are looking for a multi-faceted individual who is also happy to work with operating systems and helping users out.
As a business development representative, you'll play an integral role in Reis’ growth, applying your skills to develop sales opportunities for our information technology (IT) services. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone planning for a career as an entrepreneur, manager, salesperson, or marketing representative in any aspect of the IT industry (cybersecurity, cloud computing, enterprise software, networking, etc.)
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities
You'll be responsible for making introductory phone calls and sending follow-up emails to prospective clients for our IT services. We work in the business-to-business space, so you will be calling on thousands of companies across southern Ontario, with the goal of booking meetings for our account executives to present proposals and win new business.
Sales training, market research, and prospecting will be provided. Your role is to follow up on these leads. Every day, you will focus on:
- Conducting high-level conversations with influencers and decision-makers at targeted companies
- Delivering compelling explanations of Reis’ capabilities to your audience
- Achieving your monthly quota of qualified opportunities and meetings scheduled
- Creating word-of-mouth for Reis’ services
- Generating new business opportunities
Soft SkillsAs the first point-of-contact in the sales process, we are seeking an employee who knows how to make an excellent first impression and has the energy to follow-up on promising leads. The following traits are important to have for a successful work term as our Business Development Representative:
- Friendly and positive demeanor
- The ability to quickly build rapport over the phone
- Great communication skills, both verbally, and in writing
- Strong work ethic
Technical Knowledge and Experience (Required)Academic or professional experience in business administration or information technology, within any of the following disciplines:
CCNA required, CCNP is preferred
- Applied Marketing
- Applied Networking and Security
- Brand Management
- IT Entrepreneurship
- IT Support Programming Fundamentals
- Management Information Systems
- Managing Marketing Communications
- Managing Online Marketing
- Marketing Plans and Presentations
- New Venture Development
- Professional Selling
- Public Relations for Marketers
- Experience using Microsoft Office, especially Outlook
Additional Experience (not required)
While not required, experience in sales, business development, or fundraising (as a volunteer or employee) would be an asset.
Additionally, experience with products and services from Cisco, Dell, DropBox Microsoft, StorageCraft, VMWare or course training from these companies is a huge bonus.