What the role is about?
We’re looking for a talented Senior Systems Engineer who has the experience necessary to help design, build and maintain existing and new infrastructure for clients and troubleshoot problems as they arise. This role deals mainly with more complex projects and tasks and is also an escalation point for junior staff.
We’re a growing company with a team of highly dedicated IT professionals who give their all to help our enterprise flourish. The ideal candidate for this position can prioritize mission-critical tasks and coordinate the construction and expansion of our systems so updates and other maintenance tasks don’t get in the way of daily operations. We’re interested in automating as many of our processes as possible to reduce the potential for human error.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor existing systems to ensure structural integrity Discover new technologies that help our small and medium sized businesses do things better.
- Design infrastructure systems, create Scope’s of Work. Oversee the development and installation of new hardware and software.
- Install and configure operating systems, Firewalls, switches, routers, and other software and routinely test installed software for glitch detection and other issues.
- Provide technical direction to IT support staff. Perform investigations into performance issues, network security and also perform reviews of general network health.
- Design and implement security systems and redundant backups to maintain data safety.
- Write custom scripts to reduce the need for human intervention.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field required
- 8+ years’ experience in system engineering and IT support required
- Proven track record of success in installation and maintenance of Microsoft based software
- Experience creating automated scripts and software preferred
- Willingness to sign confidentiality agreement and protect trade secrets
- Exceptional networking skills and knowledge
- Exceptional Server Operating skills and knowledge are a must
- Expert at network security. Certifications are an asset.
- Certifications Required: Microsoft, Cisco and VMWare